The Consulate General of Portugal in San Francisco has the honor to remind that Resolution of the Council of Ministers no. 64/2020 was published in Diário da República (https://dre.pt/application/file/a/140431256), which approves the National Diaspora Investment Support Program (PNAID).
This program seeks to consider the Portuguese communities as a strategic asset for Portugal in dimensions such as the attraction of investment and internationalization of the economy, as well as promoting territorial cohesion, which is vital to the country's economic growth and sustainable development. For more information see HERE.
PNAID's lines of action are: to reinforce and support for the return of Portuguese and Portuguese descendants; support Diaspora investment in Portugal; contribute to the settlement of people and companies to the coutry’s interior districts thus fostering their economic development; making Portuguese communities a factor in promoting the internationalization of Portugal and diversifying markets in the Portuguese economy.
Among the measures that make up the PNAID is the creation of the Diaspora Investor statute, which allows eligibility for support and incentives with additional benefits for investments in the interior of the country, a Support Guide and an Investor Support Network of the Diaspora.
The form that allows you to obtain Diaspora Investor Status is available here.
1. Fill and submit the form through the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. You will receive the declaration immediately.
The declaration of the Diaspora Investor Statute, accessible by filling in the form, will be necessary for applications for the various measures included in the approved program.
Contacts for more information:
Office of the Secretary of State for Portuguese Communities - + (351) 213 946 406 | email@example.com
Available payment methods for a Portuguese Citizenship application, when paying directly to the Central Registry Office (Conservatória dos Registos Centrais):
The Consulate General of Portugal has the honor to recall that, since 2017, there are several ways to make payments to the Central Registry Office when applying for Portuguese citizenship.
1. Online by credit card, using the website http://www.irn.mj.pt/IRN/sections/cidadaos, in the Central Registry Office – choose Nationality (Nacionalidade), select your type of citizenship application and, on the payment platform, choose the type of payment. The payment information must include:
i) Cardholder identification data;
ii) The applicant's data;
iii) A contact email, to which will later be sent:
- Proof of payment;
- A Code - the same as that will indicated at the end of the transaction - which must be used in all communications with the Central Registry Office;
- The approved model form / form - in the header of which the same code will appear - must be completed, signed and sent to the Central Registry Office, together with the documents that must sent with the application.
2. Certified or bank check, in euros, of a bank / financial entity with representation in Portugal, payable to IRN, IP. No other checks are accepted. Note that the check may not be of the interested party, you can ask a family member or friend with a Portuguese bank account to do so, the important thing is that you attach the check, or copy, to all the documentation sent.
3. Postal order, in euros, at the order of IRN, IP. In this case, you must attach it to the documents that are part of your application, and send it to the Central Registry Office. If it is not feasible, the proof of issuance of the postal order used as a means of payment must always be included in later communications exchanged with the Central Registry Office.
The Consulate-General of Portugal in San Francisco has the honor to inform that the Directorate General of Consular Affairs and Portuguese Communities (DGACCP) of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MNE) grants support to actions and projects of the associative movements of Portuguese communities abroad.
For information on how to apply please see the Portuguese Communities Website (https://www.portaldascomunidades.mne.pt/pt/apoios/area-cultural-e-movimento-associativo-old/644-faqs-atribuicao-de-apoios-pela-dgaccp)
The period for submission of applications runs from October 1 to December 31.
Please also see the following information (in Portuguese only):
Important support Documents
Training Sessions / Associative Movement
For more information on how to apply, please contact the Consulate General of Portugal in San Francisco at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The annual meeting of the Permanent Council of the Council of Portuguese Communities (CP-CCP) takes place between 22 and 24 September, at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Over the three days, the CP-CCP meets with the Prime Minister, the Minister of State and Foreign Affairs and the Secretaries of State of the Portuguese Communities, Education, Justice and Innovation and Administrative Modernization.
The annual meeting has the following central themes: "Nationality, citizenship and civic-electoral participation", "Social support and public services for Communities", "Language, culture and teaching Portuguese in the Communities" and "Autonomy of the CCP".
The Council of Portuguese Communities is the Government's advisory body for policies related to emigration and Portuguese communities abroad.